As public transportation opens back up during the coronavirus pandemic, industry professionals need to ensure they’re properly equipped to operate safely and ethically. Face masks, gloves, and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be necessary in order to adhere to current CDC, federal, state, and local guidelines. Rankin PPE has the protective equipment public transportation professionals need to get back to work safely.
From face masks and gloves to plastic barriers and custom solutions, Rankin PPE is dedicated to providing the protective equipment DC-area professionals need to operate safely. Contact our team to get the PPE materials you need today!
CDC Guidelines for Public Transportation Professionals
According to current CDC guidelines, public transportation professionals need to adhere to the following guidelines in order to remain compliant:
- Practice Hand Hygiene: Public transit professionals are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol. Additionally, they should cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of their elbow to avoid spreading airborne particles.
- Practice Social Distancing: Keep at least six feet apart from passengers if possible — especially from those who are not in your immediate household.
- Wear Masks: Be sure to wear a mask when around other people in a public setting, especially around infants, toddlers, elderly people, and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions.
- Stay at Home: If you are ill, stay at home to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep passengers safe from exposure.
- Avoid Touching Surfaces: Limit the amount of times you touch surfaces, including touchscreens, ticket machines, handrails, elevator buttons, and more. Keep sanitation wipes on hand that contain at least 60% alcohol content to wipe down surfaces regularly.
For those seeking out solutions to help them remain safe on the job, Rankin PPE provides the face masks, gloves, and plastic barriers public transportation professionals need to safely return to work. Purchase our PPE materials online or submit an inquiry for your custom order to our team today!
Face Masks & Gloves for Public Transit Professionals in the Washington, DC Area
Our team is dedicated to providing transportation professionals with the PPE they need to get back to work safely. We proudly offer the following solutions for Maryland and DC area public transit employees:
- Face Masks
- Protective Gloves
- Plastic Barriers
- Custom Solutions
All materials used in the creation of our face masks have been tested and shown to have BFE and PFE Filtration Standards in excess of 95%. Designed to withstand multiple wash cycles, our masks can last between 8 and 30 wash cycles before needing replacement. We can also provide plastic barriers to help reduce the risk for bus drivers and other public transit operators who are in constant contact with passengers.
Discover what PPE solutions are waiting to help you return to work safely by contacting Rankin PPE today.
Rankin PPE for the DC Metropolitan Area’s Protective Equipment Needs
Whether you need face masks, gloves, or a custom-built solution, Rankin PPE has the products and services necessary to meet your needs. We’ve helped countless professionals across many different industries regain confidence in returning to their workplaces by providing them with the protective equipment they need to stay safe.
Contact us to get started with your PPE order today!